Sunday, July 2, 2017

Life and Sport


Just like the name of this blog. We have life and then there is sport to go with it.

We can encourage one another with our words and help give life to each other while at the same time we can learn from sports especially being competitive and sportsmanship.

What I don’t like about sports right now for children is how many teams put them onto different levels. If you are really good they put you on a high level while not so good on a lower level. I liked the day playing little league baseball as a youngster where I was able to play with other kids my own age no matter how good or bad we were. Of course we want to win but at what cost.

Here in my town of Gig Harbor they are looking to build these baseball fields that are really fantastic. It is though parents want the best for their children which I do understand as well but at what cost. I don’t want to be unkind however I think these days’ parents are trying to spoil their children.

Life is tough enough as it is than putting on extra pressure. If you are good whether it is on the sport field or in the classroom you will succeed you don’t need parents trying to add onto it. Other words in my mind let children be children.

Back to what I mentioned at the beginning what we can learn from sports is how to be good teammates. Instead of being selfish it is how we can sacrifice for the good of the team. The best way of winning is how we can score runs or points. There are many ways to get them. In football having a good offensive line will allow the running back to gain more yardage or the quarterback to get the ball to the receiver. In baseball moving the runner from one base to the next will help score more runs than just hitting home runs.

Life works the same way the more we can be teammates the more we can succeed. Let’s learn from one another instead of running over each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment