Friday, July 28, 2017

What I Like About Summer





I am sure most people like summer in the same way that I do. As a kid it was good to be out of school for about three months. I still don’t understand kids who do a lot of reading during the summer because it reminds me too much of school however I am sure they are ones that loved school and most important love reading.

Summer still now great because the weather is always good and you can do what you want; of course that depends if you have the time to do so and the money as well. Joking about the money anyway sort of.

Here in the Pacific Northwest we haven’t had rain for more than a month. So July which is normally the best month of the year is great once again. The temperatures have been in the upper 70s to mid-80s for the most part. We have some mornings where it is cloudy however the sun does come out in the afternoon. If you have to do some work outside it is nice to be able to do so in the morning before it gets too hot. The afternoon you can go swimming in a pool or at a lake. We have plenty of lakes around here and some pools for those who can afford to build them. What I enjoyed to as kids was going swimming and do a lot of splashing at the same time. The lakes though were cold so didn’t spend a lot of time in or at least it took a few minutes to get used to the water.

July was always a good time to go camping or boating. The wind blows enough to have a good time out sailing. My dad loved sailing so he would go out as often as possible whether there was any wind or not. I always preferred the wind though. Sitting in a boat not moving very fast was not fun in my mind anyway. It was only good time to eat since the wind came blowing the sailboat really moved and we had a job to do. Puget Sound is a great place to be on the water and viewing Mt. Rainier. That was another good thing to do in the summer was to take a trip to Mt. Rainier as well. It takes about two hours to get to the mountain.

The best part of summer was always spending time with cousins and best friends. It didn’t matter what we did being together was the fun of it all. In August we usually went hiking in the Olympic Mountains. August sometimes was cloudy and had a little amount of rain as well. I enjoyed sitting around the camp fire and climbing around the rocks. I can’t forget I like going to ball games and seeing fireworks. Sounds like something to do this year in August as well. I have to make my plans. I hope that you are having a good time right now. Until next time God bless you.







No comments:

Post a Comment