Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hello August


I am sure most people are aware that July went by very fast. It wasn’t the month that I had planned either. I expected to go visit my cousins in British Columbia however wild fires kept me out and my cousins had to evacuate for a couple weeks. Fortunately they are back home without a scratch though some of their friends were not so lucky when it came to their property.

Right now I don’t have any plans for August. My cousins won’t be home so I can’t go to British Columbia in August. My sister, her eldest son and my brother will be coming in September so the only time I may be able to get to British Columbia in late September or early October. My plans may change to where I may have to wait until next year.

Anyway hello August you are going to start out real hot here in the Pacific Northwest. The temperatures are expected to be mid-90s to almost one hundred degrees for the remaining of the week beginning on Wednesday. Many of us are not used to the temperatures being this hot especially for several days in a row.

When I think back in my memory I don’t remember it ever getting into the nineties when I was a kid. In fact the mid-80s were unusual back in the day. I have always liked that the temperatures have been reasonable during the summer unlike some other places. It is nice that we don’t have to deal with humidity very often. Last week we had humidity at seventy percent and I didn’t even feel it. That high is uncommon around here unlike many places in the United States.

I hope this heat wave last for this week only and that August will be more normal temperatures in the 70s and 80s.  I will go for my walks early in the morning however I will have to go into hibernation the rest of the day. You won’t find air conditioning around here because we don’t need it most of the time however this week can be the exception. I am sure stores that sell fans will be out of them in a hurry.

I know that with us to have temperatures being this hot that the rest of the USA will be even hotter.  Eastern Washington often has the temperatures in the nineties and over one hundred but we don’t on the western side. Eastern Washington temperatures usually are ten to fifteen degrees hotter than we have. A good place to visit if you want to have hot weather however I stay away because I like the temperatures we have most of the time in August. This is a great place to visit in July and August so much because the temperatures are lower for those who come from other places. August is a great time to go hiking and camping. The reason when I was in boy scouts we went on fifty mile hikes in the Olympic Mountains every year. Wherever you are enjoy August.    

No comments:

Post a Comment