Sunday, September 3, 2017

Have a Good Hug





I know that not everyone is into having a hug however I think it is a good thing. I know this because I don’t get as many as I would like. I was told once that at least one good hug a day is healthy for us and makes us feel good.

My dad was known as Uncle Hug by my cousins. I didn’t get as many hugs from him as I would have liked but it was always good when I did. It is interesting because in my family not a lot of hugging happens. I am not really sure why not but it must be something about families.

Some people are really into hugs while other people think it is a disease or something. I don’t see my family a lot however we do give hugs when we first meet though it doesn’t feel comfortable or at least that is my impression any way.

I have known other people besides my dad who are really into hugging. It is though they have to need one any time. I am not sure whether that is a good thing either however I will take one from them anytime.

A few weeks ago four women at church were giving themselves a group hug. I didn’t know the women very much because my church and their church merged at the beginning of the year however I asked them if I could join into the hug and they were more than willing for me to join in.

I am wondering whether more women hug than do men. I believe it is a cultural thing. I believe some places men do more than women while other places the women hug more however you go to a country like France where everyone gives a hug and a kiss on both cheeks. Can’t you love France? LOL.

So if you feel uncomfortable in giving or receiving a hug I recommend that you get involved into some hugging where you can. Maybe you can begin with your wife or mate and go from there. I believe a hug is like receiving a smile. Yesterday my mother again asked the question for the second time this week why people don’t smile. Next time I hear her say that I will reply why don’t  people hug.

Anyway if this  isn’t what you want to do is hug and someone comes to hug you go ahead let them it is not like you will get one every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment