Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Summer Memories


We have just over two weeks remaining of summer here in the USA. It ends on the September 21. In Western Washington we have had temperatures over seventy for about seventy days and the least amount of rain ever for July and August. We don’t get much rain anyway for those two months. In fact if we got any rain in this period it was under a tenth of an inch.

September had started out very hot with the temperatures mainly in the upper 80s however we may have over ninety degrees this week for three days which has never happened before in September.

It is quite amazing to because I don’t remember having so many days in the 90s during the summer at all. On Saturday talking with my brother I asked him if he recalls having many times being the 90s when we were growing up. He said that he doesn’t recall having lot days in the 80s even. Of course we were kids but I think that is true. I believe it must have something to do with global warming. Not only have we been breaking records over the last few years during the summer for temperatures we had more rain ever between last October thru March. We had about forty-five inches and that is below are normal for the year. Also we had little snow as well. I wonder how it will go this winter coming up.

Most people consider summer over after Labor Day because the kids are back in school. Like I said we have just over two weeks remaining so we can still make more memories. This year the plan was go to British Columbia in late July however the wild fires cancelled that trip but I am going now in three weeks. It will be fall so I have to make some fall memories. Most of the memories I remember about fall is around Halloween and Thanksgiving. I am sure that is the way for most of us.

When it comes to summer memories if you go back to my earliest posts I write about a trip our family took where we spent the whole summer traveling throughout all of Canada and Eastern USA. I was twelve years old then. I would like someday to make that trip once again though probably won’t take as much time though. Also I remember summers where we went to YMCA camp and going on Boy Scout hikes. We had one summer where our family and my cousins in Seattle where we sailed to Victoria B.C. and then to the San Juan Islands. I don’t remember exactly how old I was on that trip.

I am sure everyone has some wonderful summer memories. Go back into your mind and remember those fond memories. In many ways they feel like a different life time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment