Saturday, September 30, 2017

Waking Early




I know that there are those who like waking up early while others would never make a habit of it. Some get up early because of work and look forward to the weekend when they can sleep in.

I am one of those who gets up early mostly by habit more than anything else. When I had to take my brother and sister to the airport a couple weeks ago for their return trips home it was amazing to see how many cars were on the road at 5 am. In fact both of them remarked how many cars were on the road. I think most of drivers want to get off work early to avoid rush hour traffic. The problem though rush hour starts earlier because of so many cars going early. Something I remember on Friday’s that there were fewer cars on the road in the morning but the traffic was still heavy at the night rush hour. I figure most people want ahead on the weekend.

I started getting up early as a kid because my dad always got up early and my bedroom had no door so I could hear him get up. My mother always got up later though still early in many ways because she had to get to school by 8 am. Oh yes she was a high school teacher. Dad always made breakfast and all of our lunches too. He figured this way he could have great breakfasts on the weekends like pancakes and waffles. He was able to sleep in on the weekends though. I don’t remember sleeping in on weekends very often though. On the plus side I was able to get the newspaper to read the comics and sports section before dad.

Most people I think who get up early go to bed early as well and so do those who go bed late get up late although some go to bed late and get up early. Those who can handle it on less sleep.

Anyway the important thing is get the right amount of sleep for yourself and get things done in the time that you are awake. I figure this is good sound advice. Good bye until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment