Sunday, October 1, 2017

Change In Sunday




It has been sometime however I wonder how many remember what Sunday’s used to be like. I remember that the stores were closed on Sunday so everyone could go to church and then have family time afterwards. Now stores are almost all open on Sunday’s. There are a few exceptions and I do see some that are closed on Monday’s instead. Those are usually small shops that are closed on Monday’s.

Fewer families are going to church on Sunday’s because of other activities especially soccer or football. I know my brother was upset when his youngest son had soccer matches on Sunday mornings. I am sure the reason because there are limited fields to play on or at least that is the excuse they give.

All the different activities happening on Sunday mornings wouldn’t be going on if the parents would say no however I figure many probably don’t care and their kids put pressure on them as well.

I am not saying that stores should close on Sunday though doing earlier wouldn’t be a bad idea. It is important that the children get to go to church and that there is family time in the afternoon and evening. Very few families spend quality time together anymore so setting one day a week together would be nice. It would be nice to go for a drive out in the country and even stop by to visit other families whether friends or relatives. If a sport has to be played on Sunday do it around 3 pm. I have heard some teams practice on Sunday I would forbid that all together. Children need to know family is more important than doing a sport on Sunday if you have to make a choice. Enough families are willing to do so then the times will change. Let Sunday’s get back to where they were when I was a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment