Friday, September 15, 2017

Going For a Ride


With my sister here and my brother arriving today I look forward to Saturday when we go for a ride. The four of us which includes our mother will be driving to the Hoh River Rain Forest in the Olympic Mountains near the Washington coast.

What I enjoy is that there are a lot of places to see around the state of Washington. It is good place for visitors to come for a visit and for residences to take a day or a weekend to see many places as well.

This trip would be best in two days however our time is limited so we will do it in one day. Of course it will be a long day especially since the driving will be eight hours in total. We will be making a lot of stops too because we will need to get out of the car for one thing and none of us have been on this trip for some time. It was my sister’s idea which I think is a good one. I may take several days to recover after they leave next Tuesday.

Besides the travel the most important thing is spending time together since we only see each other once a year and it is not always together either. Last year we saw each other together because my brother’s son Ian was getting married to his now wife Helen in St. Louis, Missouri and then the year before they both came out here but on separate occasions. So it was probably three or four years ago when we were together before last year.

I figure to take some pictures while we are on the road and I will plaster some of them here when I have the chance. So if you have never been here before you will see what a beautiful place to visit.

We are expecting some rain which is needed on Sunday and going to a rain forest we expect to feel the rain as well. We haven’t had rain for something like seventy days so it is needed.  Always have to watch the driving when it first rains especially because the roads get slick.

There is nothing like family especially if you are close. It would be nice if they were both closer but have to live in the reality that they are not. I think families that live close together are really blessed however we have a good relationship and that is what’s important because I know that not all families do have good relationships.

Until next time before we start heading out on our adventure enjoy the people you are with.


                                           Not my car however same model

No comments:

Post a Comment