Thursday, October 12, 2017

Rest in Peace





The one thing we can guarantee in this is life is death. The importance is to run the race to finish in good standing. This is the reason we need to encourage and edify others so we can all finish the race on top.

Wednesday a school classmate Dave lost his father on Wednesday. His dad was fighting against Parkinson’s disease for seven or eight years. He fought it off for all those years however it was his time to go and be with his father God. He was welcomed into the Kingdom of Heaven by all who went before him along with the angels.

Dave and his whole family will miss their dad and mourn for some time. Like for me it has been a long time since I saw my dad in this life however I remember him on a daily basis. When I heard about Dave’s father passing I chocked and cried not only for Dave, his family and father but about mine too.

Dave reflected all the important highlights in spent with his dad and I started to for mine as well. I remember when dad coached my little league baseball team for one season. You see different fathers coached the team one season every year. Many of my old teammates still think of him as the best little coach we had. My dad wasn’t a big baseball fan however he knew I was and wanted to spend the time with me doing so.

My dad and I worked together for a few years in his business. When he decided that he wanted to retire to work on building his new boat he gave his job over to me. Also he built the boat in my yard. He finished the boat shortly before his death. I think he took it out once or twice. He loved sailing a lot though he loved his family greater.

This is the best part of life is to enjoy it with those you love whether family or friends. When the time comes to end to rest in peace and be with the Lord Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment