Saturday, November 25, 2017

A Sense of Humor


I enjoy using humor on an everyday basis. I bring it up in almost every conversation I have. I don’t crack a joke just I find humor in a lot of things.

Humor though can be objective though and I find that adding humor in a conversation has to a lot with the person I am talking with. Also it depends on the circumstance as well. There are times where humor isn’t appropriate however that not often either.

When someone is going through tough times and I am including myself humor can be a good release point. Other words it can give healing to the person who you are talking to or to yourself as well. Some time back when my nephew Ian was in high school he was a counselor at summer camp where he had attended when he was in junior high. After the camp was over he received a post from a fellow counselor who told him to never louse his humor and to use it often because she felt healing from his humor.

Humor is a way to encourage others and we don’t really know what affect it will be on others until months or years later. Of course humor has to be part of your dna I feel. You either have or not. Of course you can pick it up over time as well.

Don’t be afraid to be who you are whether humor is part of your dna or not. Don’t try to be someone you are not; Just good friendly advice.

I find the unknown when giving out humor is to someone I have just met. Most of the time it works but there are times unfortunately it doesn’t. It doesn’t stop me from trying though. The thing though is that my humor can be different than what people expect however some humor I try on those I know well and I figure they know me enough that it is OK. Humor makes us feel human and friendly at the same time. Use it whenever you can and others will appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment