Sunday, December 31, 2017

Looking Ahead





What is there to say on the last day of the year except “Happy New Year”.  I believe in living one day at a time however it is hard when others are wishing you a happy new year on this day but that is what I am going to try to do anyway.

January has always been any interesting month especially in my family because my sister Barb’s birthday is in a week then her son Connor is the day after hers, then her oldest son Ken is ten days later and then my younger brother Jack’s birthday is near the end of the month. In fact his birthday is four weeks exactly after New Year’s Day. Mother sends Barb a check so that she, Connor and Ken can go out for dinner on her. Mom has been doing that for a long time now.

One thing we can count on in January here in Western Washington it will continue to rain. Right now we are in the middle of the raining season. The Seattle Weather Station said that Seattle has ten more inches of rain this year than the normal. We have to continue to see how the rainfall goes this time.

It would be nice to see more snow this winter however having snow on Christmas made my dream come true. We haven’t had a lot of White Christmases around here. In fact I don’t remember many at all.

Whatever 2018 brings you at least enjoy this day as you ring in the new year. Don’t drink too much because I don’t want to see 2018 go out bad footing for you. I will likely stay home unless I get an offer I can’t refuse. May today and the next 365 days be a blessing to you. May your purpose and destiny flourish. May those around you receive all the gifts that you have to offer. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment