Saturday, December 30, 2017

Our Attention





 A couple days ago an old classmate posted a story about a teenager who committed suicide and left a note. I am not sure if it was true or fake news however the message sounded true whether by the teenager or not. The teenager left the note saying that if the note was read she had committed suicide. The classmate felt so bad because of the pressure her parents had put on the teenager.

I shared with my classmate that I could relate to the teenager because when I was that age I dealt with depression myself. I never considered suicide however at times I wish that I had died when I was burned at age 4. I didn’t actually mention this in that post but I could understand the depression the teenager went through.

The problem is that today because of social media pressure is so much higher than in my day as a teenager. Not only does parents and peers put pressure on so do schools and special interest groups like LGBT. I am sure the reason that suicides among teenagers has grown. Everyone in my mind should be ashamed of themselves. Young people need to discover who they are without pressure. What is really bad that is going on with preteens as well. A great reason the country and the world is going down morally. The kids that have great parents are very blessed because no one else in general care about them and it is important that we do.

My old classmate feels so ashamed that she wasn’t aware of my situation as well as others. I am not here to condemn her because many of those like me have kept quiet far as depression as well. I can say too though I had to deal with bullies in my time as well the world is full of them at a greater level. Time for change and I hope 2018 will help in this regard. If you have teenagers not only listen to them but pray for them and all the other teenagers around the world. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment