Thursday, December 7, 2017

Miracles




We should all believe in miracles. I know because of tragedies happening around the world that if someone doesn’t believe in miracles it can be understandable however miracles do happen every day around us even though we may not be aware of them.

Even in the midst of tragedies there are miracles that happen. We always hear where someone is a hero even though they may have died themselves. They allowed many lives to be saved even though it wasn’t their own. I call that a miracle being helped by a hero. The late Paul Harvey used to say on his radio show “this is the rest of the story”. Often we don’t hear what happened after a tragedy where lives may have changed for the good.

As a small child of four years old I was involved in a fire where a cooked an egg on our stove and my pajamas caught on fire. I was fortunate or a miracle happened where my older sister Barb was in the next room and heard me scream. She yelled and my mother came to put out the fire. My father than rushed me to the hospital where I was at for six weeks. I don’t remember this story I was told this by my parents. I was blessed because not only did I survive the fire never spread to my face. Another second or two though could have ended in a tragedy where I died or a scar on my face. There are other miracles in my life that I can share as well that have made me the person I am today. I am sure most of us have stories to tell that shows miracles. Even us being here is a miracle or how about running into someone at the right time. Yes we have tragedies that we hear about and may have been involved in as well however miracles are a part of everyday life. Enjoy and embrace them.


No comments:

Post a Comment