Thursday, January 18, 2018

Our Way?


I was thinking this morning that whatever we do even helping others generally and naturally we want to do it our way. That can be a good thing at times however maybe not the best way. On the other hand if we want to help by doing it their way can sound good but it could not turn out so well anyway.

I am sure even those want help in whatever form that comes they want to do it their way just like we do in helping them in our own way. What is the answer we may all say? I have to admit it is probably somewhere in the middle of either sides or could be neither.

Thinking about it a little more when helping another person I would have to say who is more acknowledged you or them. If you are there to help out in something that they have more knowledge than you I would me there for just a helping hand however if they asked for assistance because they know you are more the expert than they should be the helping hand.

I guess the big question is what happens if you both have the same knowledge or lack of when it comes to doing whatever you came to help on. In this scenario I would have him be the lead since you are the one there for assistance. If he ask you a question or wants you to do a certain thing than you should take the lead.

In the end the most important thing is that you are still friends. You may have to decide what is more important the project or the friendship. I would take the friendship over the project any day of the week. So if things turn out going sour it is good to decide that this is not working out and they should finish the project themselves or find someone else or you help them to the end their way. You will have to learn from the experience that it is a good idea not to help in the future. I just hope it doesn’t come to that conclusion but still friendship in the end is the important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment