Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Having Confidence


 
We all have at one time or another lacked confidence. It is only human nature. The important thing is for us to overcome and have confidence.

I remember as a kid I hated taking tests because I didn’t do well on them. I certainly lacked the confidence however years later at college I became pretty good at tests. I am sure a lot of it had to do with maturity but I found the more success I had in taking tests the more confidence I had.

Lack of confidence usually does come along with failure while having confidence as I said has to do with success. We can have no confidence in ourselves if we are trying something for the first time as well. Though we may have no confidence we need to try anyway. I remember trying out for a play at my church without little experience. I had been in a couple when I was a kid in minor roles. I figured let’s give this a shot to see whether I am good at acting or not. Going out for a part turned out pretty well; for one thing not too many guys turned out for the play so I was going to get a part unless I was  horrible however I found out actually I could act. This play I had a significant role. I wasn’t the lead however I had a pretty good second role. In fact so much that many in the audience did not like the character I was playing. I found out I was pretty good in playing a bad guy that in a few other plays I was in I played other bad guys as well.  

So you see we have to overcome our fears and failures to have confidence in ourselves. I do still lack confidence in some areas of my life however I figure at some point I will overcome. Also show other people the confidence you see in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment