Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Love Writing and Cooking


I am sure you realize that I enjoy writing and at the same time I do enjoy cooking as well. In the kitchen I cook all my meals however most of them are pretty simple though I can cook more elaborate dishes if I want to. I know that most people enjoy doing more than one thing but they come down to possibly a couple that they love to do and consider them a hobby along with being an important part of their lives.

The thing about both writing and cooking most everyone in my family enjoys both as well. How much they do depends on the time available to do so. My niece Leslie and her mother Anne my sister-in-law both teach English literature so of course they spend time reading and correcting papers. Two of Leslie’s brothers Ian and Robby both have written books. Ian has had his published however I am not sure about Robby. I am not sure whether Danny the youngest of the four has done any writing other than school work however he will be graduating from college in May and has a job already lined up so would not be surprised if he decides to do writing as well. Danny and Robby both enjoy cooking as well. They both participate in cooking during the holidays. My brother Jack has written several articles and a book through his job as a business consultant. Another member of the family cousin Jennifer Nightingale has written a story that I believe she is in the process of publishing and just finished writing a short story. I look forward to reading both of them. In regards of cooking I am not sure about that with Jennifer because she and her husband Holt seem to eat out a lot. At least that is what I have seen on social media.

 Although we are all created unique often it seems that we inherit and are interested in many of the same things as our parents and siblings. I figure this allows us to gain experience and able to bounce information off of each other. We do have other interests outside of what we have in common as well. It is good to be able to learn from each other in the family however we can learn from outside the family too. The more knowledge and experience we have the better we will be at it. This will be not for own benefit but for others as well. So whatever you are doing never give up it is OK if you are going through baby steps right now. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment