Thursday, February 1, 2018

Dieting





At some point in all of our lives we have to change our diet whether it is because of weight or health or both or even personal conviction.

Eighteen years ago I had to take a few things out of my diet because I had my gall bladder taken out and I just could eat them because of bad reaction. It has been ten years now since I found that my heart was not good so I change some things in regard to it as well. I had to walk daily as well to keep my heart in good condition. Four years ago I had to have a kidney stone removed and told to stop eating a few more things. I am amazed that I can eat anything these days. LOL

Before my heart I found that I had high blood pressure so I had to lower my sodium content and then put on medication so it would lower to a normal rate. It likely was the major problems with my heart though don’t know for sure.

A couple years ago I gained ten pounds just like that which I thought was very odd. Seeing the doctor I found that I had gained the weight because of water fluid in my stomach and leg areas. I was put on water pills to see if I would lose the gain and not add on anymore. It took a while so six months ago I finally lost the ten pounds; very good news to me anyway however early last year I had to go through physical therapy because I had a sore back. Things like this happen when gaining weight I have found out. My back is now in pretty good condition once again. I continue doing exercises and stretching for my back still today.

Four months ago I found out that my blood sugar level was high so again the change to my diet. I don’t eat anything like cakes anymore and other sugar type items. I am sure that I still have a little sugar in my diet still but surely not like before. I look forward to taking the blood sugar test again to see where it is now. 

Even not eating cakes or even pies my weight did not change until this week. I would not say the best way to lose weight however I have had the stomach flu I believe anyway. One thing I know is that I am not able to eat solid foods and I have lost eight pounds. I figure that I won’t eat any solid foods for the next couple days and may need to go back to the doctor to see the true reason for not keeping down the solid food.

My plan is not to gain back any of the eighteen pounds I have lost in the last six months. If it takes more determination not eat certain foods I will do so. In fact I hope to lose another eighteen pounds over the next six months.

I certainly found out it is not easy task in losing weight even with changes to my diet. I am sure it is because of my age however I hope that my metabolism will change in the process. Remember it is important for all of us to change our lifestyle at some point whether it has to do with diet or exercise. I am sure most of us want to live long as we can. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment