Monday, February 12, 2018

Kids Will Be Kids


It has been a long time since I was a kid however when I see them today things hasn’t changed a whole lot on how they act. I have heard that young people feel more entitled today than ever before. I am not sure if that is true or not. Most of the young people I know seem to be good to me to some degree anyway.

 I do know that parents have changed in some ways over the years. When it comes to sports the parents seem to want live through their kids. I am glad most parents in my day didn’t act like many do today. They want the kids to have everything and feel that they will make the pro-leagues after going to college. I heard that from a former college basketball coach that both the kids and the parents think that they will go right into the NBA. He said that still today ninety-nine percent will not make it and they along with parents will be very disappointed.

I do see some good kids even are being spoiled by their parents. They can have anything they want and the parents will make sure that happens. Another thing is most kids are not disciplined these days. Of course it is a lot harder to discipline kids like it used to be. I am not sure it is good to go back to what happened to some kids years ago when it came to giving hits with a paddle however looking back I wish that I had been more disciplined by my parents. I don’t think using a paddle is a bad thing long as the parents are not abusive. Of course these days what is the definition of abusive though? If you are a parent that has to take your child to the hospital and you tell the authorities that your child is falling down stairs or some other excuse like that then you have gone too far. There could be truth to that in some cases however it is important to explain how that happens then just saying falling down stairs.

I am not saying discipline has to be necessary because I believe it depends on the child and the parents need to know how far they can go when disciplining them. Personally if I were a parent I would start out putting my child in a time out chair to begin with to see how that works. It is important that under all circumstances that your child knows that you love them but what they are doing won’t be tolerated. All discipline should be depended on the child. As long as abuse doesn’t happen how and if you discipline your child that is up to you but still remember kids will be kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment