Saturday, March 10, 2018

Being a Teacher


I am not sure there is not a better profession than being a teacher. We are who we are not just because of our parents but the teachers we had in school whether positive or negative in some degree. I am sure that we remember the teachers we had over the years and how they affected our lives.

I have classmates who became teachers themselves and most of them did so because of the teachers they had. My mother was a teacher for twenty years. She taught French and German. She not only enjoyed her job she did so my brothers and I would have her around when we were out of school. You look at one of my early posts I wrote about a trip our family took across Canada and eastern United States. We left the day after school was let out and returned a couple weeks before school started again. So we were gone for over two months. This trip has been with me ever since though I don’t remember everything. I look forward someday to see those places again. I would say it was a learning experience as well however we would not been able to make the trip if our mother wasn’t a teacher.

In many ways we are all teachers or mentors. There is someone we reach out who learns from us. We may never say a word however actions are often better than words. If we don’t think we have anyone to teach or mentor we do for ourselves. We teach ourselves every single day of our lives or in another way life teaches us.

The job of a teacher is rewarding even if we don’t get paid for doing so. Look into yourself and see what you can or have taught others. Pat your back for doing a good job and do even better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment