Thursday, March 1, 2018

Our Calling


Right now we are all involved in a calling or what I may call our purpose.  Our calling may not always be easy as we know however it is the reason we are doing what we have too.

The reason of our calling can change over time. Right now my major purpose is to take care of my elderly mother. She is in pretty good shape for the most part however I never know when that could change. Fortunately it doesn’t happen often but the elderly can and likely will fall at some point. How bad it can be will depend on the situation. Many of the elderly are  in a hospital or a rehab center or assisted living or nursing home because of accidents; it is a reality we all have when our parents or a loved one gets in that state. Unfortunately we will all be there someday as well.

I know what my purpose is for the rest of my life however at this time it is primarily a caregiver for my mother. I have no problem with it and I enjoy it for the most part but I do know that someday that calling will end. It could be days or weeks or months or possibly years so I have to plan for the next stage of my calling as well.
 
 

So remember whatever you’re calling is today that could change anytime so you must plan for the future as well. Enjoy every moment each and every day. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment