Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Hard to Say Good Bye


When someone is visiting that is family or a close friend leaves I always find it hard to say good bye. This weekend my nephew Ken has been visiting from Montreal. We have been going around the area. Sunday the weather was wet and windy however Monday the complete opposite with the sun out all day but the rain returns today Tuesday.
On Monday we spent several hours at the Pt. Defiance Zoo. We were able to see sharks. Camels, tigers, and elephants among the animals.  Today we will visit the Seattle Center before he flies out early evening. Like most visits not long enough however it has been really good to see him. He plans to come again next year.
The hardest good bye’s of course are when someone is ill and dies. Actually the hardest is when someone dies and you are unable to say good bye. The rest of your life they are on your minds. This is why so important to spend quality time with everyone you are with because we don’t know when the last time will be.
With Ken I am able to keep in contact on social media which is really nice however in person contact is the best. In May I will be going to British Columbia to visit my cousins Suzy and Christy. This will be another special time for me. I will be posting as often that I can while traveling to and from along with being there. I drive by car and it takes two days to get there. The first day I will drive about six hours and then eight on the second day to arrive. I will take at least three breaks along the way. There will be wonderful places to see on the way. I am so grateful for all the people in my life and those who are no longer with us. I continue wanting to encourage others in purpose. Amen!
              Nephew Ken visiting cousin Jennifer in Oregon
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment