Saturday, April 21, 2018

Test What You Hear


The last three Wednesday nights I have been taking a class at my church called “Hearing God’s Voice”. We have one more class to go in the series this coming Wednesday.

We have learned about hearing God on our own, for others, and prophecy. The key for receiving from others and prophecy is to test what we have heard. What that means we have to check our hearts the words being spoken are encouraging and at the same time resonate in us confirming what is going on in our lives along with knowing scripture. We have to test what we hear is in line with scripture. Often we hear things from others that might seem right but they actually not. Our ears can be tickled because it is something we want to hear and the words can actually be out of context. In the church this often is what going on these days.

So I am saying here is for all of us to judge for ourselves the words others say to us no matter where we are at. This goes for us giving words to others as well. The most important thing is what we are saying to others is encouraging and uplifting. Are we helping them become better people instead of dragging them down. Are we saying things because we want them to feel good right now?

So I want you to be not only encouraged by what I say I want you to test the words so you feel right about them and help you out. It is beyond just saying the right words. I hope this helps you out whether reading what I write but what others write or say. These days’ people can be deceived even by those with the right intentions. In the end I want you to live a life of purpose. The one intended for you when created and born. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment