Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Being Thankful


What we always have to be is thankful for our purpose and the gifts we have been given. Also we have to remember it is not all about us either. The reason we have this purpose in life is to help others in areas that we have been given these gifts and grace to live by.

I am thankful that I have others who encourage me every day even ones that I don’t know. There are a lot of negative posts on social media but I find a lot of positive inspiration as well. I find the best thing to do is skip the posts that are negative and just read the ones that are positive.

Most of these people that give me encouragement on line I don’t know personally in just the same way we don’t either. However like me I hope that I am getting to know them better each day.

I try to talk to someone that I don’t know every day in a coffee shop or grocery store. We might just talk about sports, the weather or how their job is going. The important thing is I am doing it with a smile and I listen to them. One of my dear friends now told me that is how we became friends because he wanted to know me better for the way I interacted with him and others. Often I will say words that others don’t expect as well. Usually it is in the form of humor although I don’t start out that way.

I believe the number one thing we should be thankful for is that God made us exactly the way he did. I don’t always think that way because of the difficulties I had for so many years but I know now that is true. I am thankful for my family, old friends and the new ones I meet. I figure soon as I meet someone the next time we meet we are old friends. I am thankful for where I life as well along with having a meal every day and place to lie my head each day. It is hard to be thankful for what you don’t have but I am working on that to. I think we all have to work on it.

So when you wake up in the morning be thankful that another day is here, ask that your day is fruitful and that you are thankful at the end of the day. A nice way to go isn’t it. Easier to say sometimes than to put into practice which we should do. I am thankful to for you who read this faithfully even it is once a week, month or year or this is for the first time. May you be blessed for today and the reason you are here along with you purpose in life. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment