Saturday, May 19, 2018

Ranch Style

Today I am at my cousin Susan's place on her and husband David's ranch. It certainly different than what I am used to and a lot Americans I am sure. 

I actually arrived Friday around noon. After lunch I went out with David around the  ranch. He has a younger man from Germany working for him during this season. He was working on the fences. It has only been ten days since the snow was thawed. I got to have my first experience calling the cows. They were being moved from one pasture to another. Also on Thursday one of the cows had a calf so David and the young man had the calf marked. After that we returned to the house which is located on a lake.

Today I plan on another adventure and that is riding a horse if everything works out anyway. They are going to have two son's around along with seven grandchildren. I am not sure whether their oldest son will be around or not however he his two children will be. I have met six of the grandchildren so I get to meet the youngest for the first time. I will return to cousin Christy's sometime on Sunday. It will be a fun experience for sure.

I feel we all should try something at least once that we feel is not part of our gifting or talent. I have mentioned before sometimes we don't always know all of our talents until we at least try. The unknown often for us not to try but it can be rewarding.

I will let you know for sure how things go with riding the horse and what other experience I come up with here. Be blessed very much today and try something new as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment