Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Friendships





What the really good thing about life purpose besides knowing we are here for a reason are the friendships we gain.

These can be people we have had friendships for a long time or someone brand new. We can always gain more friends. Whether these friends are close or not joy does happen in this way.

We have to remember that they are here for a purpose as well. So these friendships can help us well as we helping them. In fact we can gain understanding and peace along with love for having more people in our lives. Not all these people will be close to us however spending time with them will be good for us too.

I know that not everyone wants to have a lot of friends just a few but I think it helps me out to gain friends in numbers.

There is a group of guys who meet at the coffee shop almost every morning. They meet at other times as well at different members’ homes. They first met several years ago at a car show. They were all interested in classic cars. Now they are close friends where they talk about other things besides cars. At their homes they meet over a beer or dinner and play some poker. We can call it community and we all need it at some extent where we accept it or not. It is never easy being a lone ranger isolated from others.

I don’t spend a lot of time with the car group which I call them. Some mornings I just say good morning or hello but I do sometimes sit down and chat with them. They are older than me but I still enjoy their company. There are other guys and gals that meet at the coffee shop at the same time so I will chat with them too. Even though I wouldn’t call any of them close friends I do still consider them friends. I know that I learn as much from them as they do from me.

You don’t have to make a big deal out of your purpose in life just go out and do it. Share your life with others and give the gifts God has given you when the time comes along. I am a talker however I am learning to listen more to others. I figure not only to get something from them but to figure out what I can give to them. This can happen not only at a coffee shop but out shopping or other places you may go. If you are a member of a church I suggest getting involved in a small group if you haven’t already. It is important that we set our priorities. You will get the best out of it well as they getting the best of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment