Monday, June 25, 2018

Overcoming


Recently we heard of a couple celebrities that committed suicide. It has become a sad story in USA well as around the globe.

Here in my home town of Gig Harbor Washington this week a young man committed suicide. It wasn’t the first time and I am sorry to say probably not the last. I have mentioned before that I had to deal with depression when I was in junior high and high school. I didn’t consider it a disease at the time. I considered it something I had to deal with. I even thought at times about suicide but then I though better.

I found though I had went into depression and a dark place at times life was still better than death. We can’t do things over if we end it. I almost died when I was four years old. When I was going through the times of depression I would say to God why you didn’t take me when you had the chance instead of me living in depression. I can say now that his plan was much greater than mine. It doesn’t mean that I don’t deal with depression now because I do at times. I want to shout out to people that life is worth living despite what you are going through. Sometimes it is easy to forget. We can’t do it on our own we have to have family and friends to help out along with God. He can give us the strength to make it through. Want to know more read Psalm 23 where he is our shepherd he will help us live in green pastures though we might walk through the shadows of death.

So I want us to shout to everyone that life is great and that you can make it despite what it looks like now. I know because I have been one that has been there. If you know someone that is dealing with depression and has suicidal thoughts let them read this. You can overcome and that you are special despite what some people may say or the thoughts that will come into your mind. I hope to be here for a while where I can make the noise about living a life of purpose. Yes and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment