Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Day at Mt. Rainier

                            Glorious Mt. Rainier 

With my sister here for five days we decided to go up to Mt. Rainier on Monday. Of course this isn’t the normal post for this blog however I feel that traveling can and should be part of our purpose and destiny in life.
It took us just over two hours to get up to Paradise which is one of the major sites to be on the mountain. When I arrived there I found that the visitor center had changed.  I thought it had been remodeled but it actually was replaced with a whole new different looking center since the last time I was there. The new visitor center is OK but I really liked the old one. It had an observation viewing level which the new one doesn’t. The new visitor center looks like most other ones I have seen in national parks. I ended up talking to a gentleman along with a couple other guys who were with him at Paradise Inn where we had lunch in the restaurant. He agreed with me liking the old one better as well. He heard they changed the whole look of the visitor center because it is cheaper to maintain than the old one especially in the winter time. It makes total sense then to me though still disappointed not to see the old one. Of course the major reason to be there is to see the awesome mountain up and personal. Of course the mountain has very little snow in the summer and  I have visited numerous times during the winter when there is a lot of snow. I figure my next visit will be in the winter to show the contrast of the mountain.
Another thing when you view Mt. Rainier down on the mainland like Gig Harbor it looks like more snow is there than actually there is. Anyway we returned home in the early evening where I had to take a nap from the driving along with the little hiking we did.
The main purpose besides telling about our trip along with pictures is to let you know wherever you go can use the gifts and talents you are given to those you meet. Not an easy task because often a place like Mt. Rainier I don’t get a chance to talk with many other visitors but I do with a few and who knows what impact I can make in their lives along with my life.
Enjoy your day and safe travels wherever you are going. 

               
                         The visitor center at Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment