Friday, March 22, 2019

A Favorite Month





I have to say March is one of my favorite months of the year. You can ask me why.

Since I enjoy sports a lot two events happen that gets things going for me. Here in the USA, the large colleges have a tournament for the sport of basketball. They have for both men and women basketball. They call the tournament March Madness. The reason because often there are upsets in the tournament. Teams not expected to turn out to win especially the first round. Each winner stays in while the loser is out. Other words, teams have to win or go home. They rank the teams in who they think is the best down to the teams not expected to go anywhere.

The teams are first chosen by who wins their conference tournament. They are automatically in March Madness than they pick the rest of the field. They have 32 conference entries plus another 32 at large teams. The better conferences have more teams in the tournament. There are some conferences that have one entrance the one that wins their own tournament.

They have four regions with teams ranked one through sixteen. The number one team plays sixteen, two plays fifteen and so on. The winner moves on to go down to four teams. The champion comes out of those four teams.

This year my local college University of Washington made the tournament for the first time since 2011 when they won their conference tournament. This year they lost the conference tournament championship game but allowed in as one of the at large teams. I am sure you can figure out who I will be rooting for.

The other sport is baseball. My favorite local team in the major leagues is the Seattle Mariners. The season begins in March so the reason I am excited about baseball starting. It doesn’t matter how good or bad they are expected right now it is time for baseball. Yeah!

This leads to the fact there is something we are all excited about some time of the year. We should soak it up as often as we can. I hope our purpose in our life is what we are excited about. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment