Tuesday, August 13, 2019

What Is Important?





I figure the most important things we should make a list of.  They should be recorded not for our benefit but for the history of it.

My dad didn’t make lists very often so when he did you knew it was important. He kept most things in his mind. He was a sharp guy for sure.  I try to do the same thing but I am not sure I have the same success rate.

I remember as a kid a slogan I saw on ads often. They said, “The mind is a terrible thing to waste”.  It was put on by The Negro College Fund. Of course, they were trying to raise money to send black young people to college. It was catchy because I still remember it.

Yesterday I decided to do a search for it. I found the slogan came out of the Bible. They referenced Romans 8:5-8 which speaks of living according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.  It makes me not want to waste my mind on unimportant things.

This is really something to think about. Go ahead write and put down on paper what is important. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment