Friday, September 20, 2019

Another Friday


It always seems like Friday’s come along so fast. Of course, it means the same for the other days of the week as well; however, Friday’s are more noticeable because it is the end of the workweek. I guess can say the same for Monday is the beginning of the workweek.

The importance is to enjoy every day. So many look forward to Friday or Saturday for that matter which is understandable but our lives shouldn’t be based that way. No more preaching I promise. LOL!

My mother had her 99th birthday on Wednesday so now we can count Friday’s until her 100th birthday. So we are at week 52. I promise I am not going to count down every Friday. For one thing, I will probably forget which week are at and mess it up.

I have set up two parties for her 100th birthday. One in the summer for the family who can only come then and another on her birthday for friends; I don’t know when the parties will start.  The decision will be made when the dates are closer all depending on her health. She is in pretty good physical health for her age. In fact, she does better than a lot of people I see twenty years younger than her. She does have times where her balance isn’t as good as other times. It may have to do with getting tired.

Besides doing your life purpose I am sure you are sometimes wondering whether there is more to it. Also, thinking about what your life purpose would be like if you were still alive at one hundred years old. Most of us don’t have to worry about that but is still a good question.

I wouldn’t mind being alive at one hundred years old if my quality of life is like my mother’s. Not easy for her but not as bad as others do. I guess the question of what could I contribute to family and friends at that age. We have to figure most of our generation would be gone. It certainly is for my mother.

She mentioned on the phone on her birthday to her granddaughter Leslie she doesn’t do a lot. In some ways the statement is true but she does get out playing bridge twice a month.  Also, she belongs to a book group and the American Associated University Women which she founded the Gig Harbor branch around the time I was born. You would have thought I would have been enough. LOL!

It is some for us to ponder over the weekend if we like; enjoy the weekend for whatever is planned and unplanned. Until next time Peace be with You!

No comments:

Post a Comment