Sunday, September 15, 2019

RE + Union


Saturday afternoon I went to a reunion of a former church I attended for many years that doesn’t exist any longer. I won’t get into details of the church no longer around.

A reunion should be those you had a union with in the past whether school, family, or in this case church.  There is a special bond with some people you have known in the past or you haven’t seen in a while.  I don’t understand why some people refuse or don’t like going to reunions. I feel anytime I see someone I know regardless of the situation it is important. It is sad not everyone feels that way.

Some of these people I saw at the reunion I hadn’t seen in a couple decades or longer. It felt though things hadn’t changed a lot since the last time I saw them.  We met at the city park in Gig Harbor which I spent a lot of time at as a child. The park is less than a mile from the house I grew up in.

There were several people who didn’t attend that I thought would be there. I am not sure why they weren’t in attendance unless something came up or the weather was the reason. It didn’t rain though the temperatures felt like fall and cloudy the whole time.

If you are someone who doesn’t like reunions and you haven’t been to one in a long time I recommend you go to the next one. It doesn’t matter how things went the last time you saw them they are people who were part of your life and you have union with them regardless of how things ended. Amen!


                                    Gig Harbor Crescent Creek Park 

No comments:

Post a Comment