Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Holiday Season Full Attention


It is easy to stay busy this time of the year. I ran into a friend of my mother’s when grocery shopping. I hinted mother would like to see her and other friends. I do understand it can be complicated during the holiday season.

Another of my mother’s friends I saw on Monday at the pharmacy. She told me that she has been thinking about my mother a lot. She told me recently she found out that she has Parkinson’s. So I totally understood her situation. Also, her husband has dementia. They have a caregiver taking of both of them.

It is sad to hear about people you know that are sick and the chances are not great that they won’t recover without prayer and a miracle of God. This is something we have to help in other’s lives.

It is so easy even during this time of the year to forget those like my mother’s friend and my mother who are ill or elderly. Our purpose needs to be part of their lives even when we don’t have a lot of time. At the very least they need to know that people care and love them. This even true even if you only have a few minutes to see them.

So for the holiday season visit someone who isn’t doing well even for a few minutes; take a group to a nursing home singing Christmas carols. They will appreciate it even if they can’t say so. My mother is great because she always thank you for the visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment