Saturday, August 15, 2020

A Beautiful Drive



On Thursday it was such a beautiful
day to take a drive and visit family.

I took a drive up to Everson,  Washington
which takes about three hours to do
not including stops along the way.

I met my cousin Peggy in Burlington
which is two hours north of Gig Harbor
where I live. Burlington is just over 
100 miles from my place.

Seattle is 35 miles from my place so
took 45 minutes to get there with traffic
slow in a couple spots.

When I got about an hour and a half
into the drive is when I start seeing 
farm land, lakes and rivers. The rest 
of the trip it is mostly that along with
a lot of trees. 

In Everson we visited Linda our cousin
Ray's widow. Ray had passed away in
April he was 86 years old.

We visited the church where his funeral
was a couple weeks earlier before going
to Linda's home. 

We talked about Ray, and about family
Before leaving we prayed for Linda.
God giving her rest. We left returning
back home. The whole trip took
eleven hours. What a wonderful day.
I look forward to a return visit. 


                           Goshen Community Church Everson Washington founded in 1915. 

No comments:

Post a Comment