Sunday, August 30, 2020

Summer Flying By

We know summer isn't officially over for
another three weeks it feels as though it
has flown by once again.

This summer though is different than any
we have had before because of the virus.
At least we have been closer to normal
than we were for two or three months. 

I remember as a child summer was longer
back then. We got out of school early June
instead of late June.

The trip our family took across Canada
and eastern USA would have been cut
short two weeks now. We may have taken
the trip now but would not have been the
same. 

The few years we went to YMCA camp
now would have felt like we were gone
half of the summer though it was only
two weeks. 

What I remember about camp was swimming
where we had to go a certain length so we 
could use the boats.

We had classes to take  like archery, painting
and making items to. Right now I can't think
of the word. lol.

Another thing I like about summer besides
the nice weather is thinking about the
summer pasts. 

This week when I was a kid didn't have
good meaning it meant I had to go back 
to school. I know some kids like school
for several different reasons  but it wasn't
my favorite thing to do. 

Anyway those were the days and now
summer coming another end. At  least
with the good weather I can still do 
some traveling around the area without
it raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment